Nov 30, 2005

(( Big Bad Appreciation Post ))

Copied from the Shadow Council forum, on the WOW main site.

My appreciation for all of you is vast. My experience with this online community has kept me fairly sane through rough times. Some of you may just be starting to realize... the player of Saffiy is a little nuts. The process of playing the game and adding noise to the forums gives me the something extra I need to get through life.

So thanks. Not just to the "known" people. But to the silent players too. The ones who've never posted. They read and play, and are appreciated too. They fill the game with 'life'.

On to the finger-point... er I mean name-calli... um... list.

Frie. "THE" unguilded 60 tauren druid in the jaunty hat. Next week is our 15th anniversary (yes, that's years). He's my bestest friend and my biggest fan. He says to me "you're happiest when you're being creative" and then helps me fill out ideas.

Cloudmaker. I never really got to know the character, but the player had spine, cajones, and wit. Inspiring.

Koragis. Not sure he knows this, but he got me to roleplay on this server. Until about level 25 I was one of the silent PVErs. Watching him conduct trade in-character through the imp was so... enchanting. He's a generous and patient player.

Marvah & Equinox. They are truly good. Marvah has always been supportive of the U and my efforts. She's another player in the spine + wit category I find inspiring. Equinox cheered me up on several occasions when I was having a bad day, shouldn't have logged in, but did anyway for planned events. He made my day each time. His brand of RP is awesome with extra awesome sauce on top.

Satyra. I've learned from her to take risks with the characters. What's the worst that could happen? I don't need to mention spine + wit (and cajones) for her. It's a given.

I appreciate the people mentioned above most for thier integrity. It's not necessary in an anonymous free-form community. But it is so nice to find.

I want to list a bunch more people who bring me delight and joy. But then I run the risk of leaving people out... more than I have already. I've distilled to the essential biggest baddest appreciations, which were formed since my beginning on the server.

No comments: